Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup 2010 - Go Socceroos!!!


Australia's soccer team, the Socceroos, may not be the best against the better teams in the world of soccer, but they sure do give it a good go at it. 

Sure we lost miserably against Germany for our first game and had Tim Cahill red carded, which was harsh in my opinion, but we sure made up for it during our second game against Ghana even if it cost us Harry Kewell (red card - and again, a harsh call) and the match ended in a draw. 

The Socceroos may not want to whinge about their misfortunes, but I will gladly whinge on their behalf! It just feels like the officials/referees are not giving our team a fair go! My opinion and I'm sticking to it!

I may not be a hardcore fan of soccer or the World Cup, for that matter, but I am patriotic and will support my country until they are eliminated, and will applaud their efforts in making it to the World Cup 2010.

So, GO THE SOCCEROOS! Win one for us against Serbia! I don't care if Germany loses or Ghana is served a thrashing, as long as we're still in the World Cup (or not), I'll continue cheering, Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

EDIT: So proud of the Socceroos! Well done on the win against Serbia! Brilliant effort! We may have bowed out of the Wold Cup, but the Socceroos have restored our national pride, and holding their heads held high and leaving the World Cup as WINNERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment