Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Cousin's Exquisite Bridal Kitchen Tea Party!


I've never been to a Kitchen Tea Party before, so I was very excited that my cousin decided to have one which was generously hosted by a lovely couple and held at their property in Lugarno.

The Bridal Kitchen Tea Party gave those who were unable to attend my cousin's Bridal Bachelorette Party the opportunity to catch up with the bride-to-be and to get to know her other friends, and of course experience a day unlike anything they've experienced before, well, at least in my case, I've never experienced before. *grin*

As excited as I am, and how I imagined and expected this party to be, when my Mum and I finally arrived, I was not disappointed. From the moment we were greeted by the hostess, I knew I was going to enjoy myself immensely! She was so lovely and hospitable, and her home was amazing and absolutely beautiful! Her husband was very funny and made us feel right at home. So coming down the stairs to the entertainment area, I was speechless and WOWed at how beautiful the place was presented and decorated. There were scented candles everywhere and the flower arrangements and decorations were gorgeous! And, OMG! The bar was absolutely incredible! There was even a barman ready to pour your preferred alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage. 




Also, spread about all over the place were these little menu-like cards that told us what was available To Drink and what was on the menu To Eat. After reading the To Eat section, I was practically salivating! *grin* Everything on it was so appetising! I could not wait to taste and sample each and every one of the delectable delicacies that were on offer!




Then the hostess showed us this amazing and beautiful cake she had ordered for the bride-to-be, and OMG! it was gorgeous! It was in the shape of a black and white hat box with very famous brands depicted on the outside, from Prada, Christian Dior to Hermes, Gucci and Louis Vuitton as icing! I could not wait to taste it, but it was too beautiful to cut into it!


Then the hostess urged us to order our drinks at the bar, and though I was extremely tempted to have an alcoholic drink, I was a designated driver, so I opted out for a non-alcoholic beverage while my Mum went for the delicious (I had a sip) cocktail mix called Bernie's Blushing Bridal Cosmopolitan - perfect for the occasion! Then we moved into the balcony overlooking the pool and the view of the park and at this moment the honoured guest, my cousin, the bride-to-be, arrived and she looked utterly gorgeous and stunning in a simple but very stylish and sexy dress! Kisses and hugs were exchanged and shortly thereafter more guests started to come down the stairs to join in the fun and introductions and getting to know each other.

Apart from the people I already knew at the party, I felt a little apprehensive at first approaching those I did not know, as I'm a shy person by nature, but I found my cousin's friends to be down-to-earth and very nice people, and I was glad I had a chance to know them a little since they were my cousin's closest and dearest friends.

Then the waitress began circulating the food, and OMG! it was soooo delicious! From the Pacific oysters, to the succulent prawns, and scallops, to the Peking duck and lamb skewers, right down to the desserts consisting of lemon and lime tartlets, chocolate tarts and raspberry creme brulees, I was in food heaven! Everything was divine! Even though the serving was finger sized, the food kept coming, just as the champagne, wine and cocktails were bottomless! It was perfect!

To make the day even more eventful and fun, there was a raffle door prize given to the winner of the raffle ticket picked from a bowl by my cousin. Guessing games were also played in which the prizes were the correctly guessed bottle of Ferrero Rocher chocolates, as well as another bottle of Almond chocolates and books going to those who correctly guessed the number of the chocolates in each bottles. I wanted one of those bottles, but meh, I didn't guessed correctly.

Then my cousin opened up her gifts which consisted of various kitchen ware items, and every one of us were wondering bemusedly when she will be using these items and inviting us all for tea! LOL! :D 

After that, speeches were said by the hostess and my cousin, which was then followed by reluctantly cutting that gorgeous cake. The cake tasted just as divine and delicious and served with luscious smelling tea or coffee, it was a perfect way to end the day!

This Kitchen Tea Party was not at all as I had imagined it to be, but it surely exceeded my expectations more than I expected! This has been one of the best experiences I've had and I cannot wait for my cousin's grand and extravagant wedding this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment