Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The race that stops the nation...and it's not Amazing Race!

So today is Melbourne Cup in Australia and it is quite literally "the race that stops the nation". Everywhere in Australia in Pubs, TABS, companies, homes, in your car, or wherever you may be and can view and or hear the Melbourne Cup, most would have stood still to see if the horse/s they betted on won the 3200m race.

This is the only time I ever bet on horses and this year unfortunately the horses I betted on based on my kids' birthdays did not place at all. Mind you, I only ever bet $2.50 each way, to win or place, so I'm just in it for the fun of it. However, many would have forked out a lot of moolah, and hopefully those who did faired well.

So this year's Melbourne Cup 2009 went to a horse named Shocking, and it was "shocking" or not, that once again, on most occasions, the favorites did not win.

So for me, well, better luck next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment