Sunday, November 1, 2009

Australian Idol 2009 Shock...or not!

Haven't been watching Australian Idol religiously this year and in my honest opinion, there really isn't a standout performer for me this year. No one has yet given me chills or made the hairs at the back of my neck stand up. There are a few in my mind that I think may win and are talented enough, but unfortunately not enough for me to go out buying their album.

So I happen to be watching it tonight and lo and behold, a shocker, Toby Moulten decides to leave the show. It wasn't so much of a shock for me, more like another publicity stunt of sorts, but that's Idol for you. For me it hasn't been the same when they got rid of Kyle Sandilands. Granted, Kyle comes across as an asshole, but some of his comments are entertaining even if others do come across as insulting and offensive. But that's reality TV for you.

Anyway I thought Toby  was boring and would actually be voted out soon, but he was constantly saved. Believing that his real calling is to be a teacher rather than a singer, I applaud him for his honesty and decision. Idol and the music industry's lost is the Public Education's gain and for that he has my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment